Cement is one of the most important products used worldwide. It plays a vital role in each of our lives. It provides shelter, quality transportation, infrastructure and more. SESCO is dedicated to ensuring our manufacturing processes are designed to support a transition to a low-carbon future and circular economy.
- Continuously working to minimize impacts to the environment
- Goal of being carbon neutral by 2030
- Constantly exploring alternative fuel sources
- Use of recycled tires as a biomass alternative fuel source for manufacturing
- Repurposing used tires as an energy source
- Capturing and recovering waste heat to reduce fuel requirement
Local Environmental Impact
- Closed loop system from time of delivery to product being loaded for distribution
- Sweepers continuously cleaning the facility
- Water trucks regularly operating to prevent dust buildup
Health and Safety
Our employees are the most important part of our business. Our expectation is that our employees, contractors as well as anyone who visits our facility operate in a safe and healthy setting. We work to prevent accidents and injury as well as foster a work environment that is secure and safe.
We are a part of and value the community in which we work. We strive to help our community as individuals to collectively grow, thrive and succeed. Our priorities for community engagement are arts, health, education and heritage as well as local business organizations that enhance and further develop a strong business ecosystem.
Membership and Support for the community:
- Magnolia Park Arts and Community
- Magnolia Park Dia de los Muertos
- El Centro de Corazon Health Center
Membership and Engagement with Local Business Groups:
- East End Chamber of Commerce
- East End District
- Port Alliance Houston
Community hotline number: (844) 877-3726